If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure: Call the office on 01489 774400. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly. NOTES: Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call. If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed. Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact. Thank you!

Monday, September 16, 2024

Monday 16th September

 Difficult one, I counted only 40 sheep in/around a small copse of hazel trees just to the South of the water/food. The ones that I could see clearly all looked healthy but a lot were sitting in the shade of the hazel copse and I couldn't get in to see clearly.

I was unable to find the other 9.

There are tracks/sheep droppings leading into the bowl in the centre of the compartment but for safety reasons I only go so far into there and there is a lot of undergrowth there at the moment so I couldn't see as well as in the winter (so I suspect they are there somewhere).

Food and water both fine.

Gates to Central Compartment had an open latch and gate 3 has no latch but I don't think a sheep can get out.

No dog walkers seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Wednesday 19th August

All 44 counted in this morning, all seem quite happy. Found on the upper and middle slopes in one group. Fence and water troughs ok.